Sunday, February 22, 2009

My 2009 Oscar Picks

So I've caught up on quite a few films nominated in various catagories as I do every year, and here are my picks. First I'll say what or who I think should win, but then give my second pick, the one I wouldn't be mad about it my first pick doesn't win. I'm only going to do the catagories I care about, and I'll keep this short.

Best Animated Feature

1st pick:
WALL-E

2nd pick:
Kung Fu Panda


Visual Effects

1st pick:
Iron Man

2nd pick:
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button 


Adapted Screenplay

1st pick:
Doubt

2nd pick:
The Reader


Original Screenplay

1st pick:
WALL-E

2nd pick:
In Bruges


Best Director

1st pick:
David Fincher for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

2nd pick:
Ron Howard for Frost/Nixon


Best Supporting Actress

1st pick:
Taraji P. Henson as Queenie in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

2nd pick:
Amy Adams as Sister James in Doubt


Best Supporting Actor

1st pick:
Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight

2nd pick:
Robert Downey Jr. as Kirk Lazarus in Tropic Thunder


Best Actress

1st pick:
Angelina Jolie as Christine Collins in Changeling

2nd pick:
Kate Winslet as Hanna Schmitz in The Reader


Best Actor

1st pick:
Mickey Rourke as Randy "The Ram" Robinson in The Wrestler

2nd pick:
Frank Langella as Richard Nixon in Frost/Nixon


Best Picture

1st pick:
Slumdog Millionaire

2nd pick:
The Reader

We will all find out the winners tonight, it's been a busy week, so tonight I'm going to kick back and enjoy The Oscars.

No comments: