Monday, May 3, 2010

The Losers


So...The Losers. I had a lot of fun watching The Losers despite the fact that it's kind of a bad movie. The story is one we've seen a million times, a team of special ops soldiers get betrayed by someone during their mission and while they are believed to be dead they regroup and try to devise a plan for revenge, then out of nowhere a person who can or cant be trusted offers help but with their own motives. It's pretty much the same old song and dance. Yet, for some reason even though this film was completely predictable and had that "been there before" feeling, I still enjoyed it. I think the credit goes to the characters in the film. All the characters were pretty cliche but the actors playing them gave these paint by numbers characters charm. Hot off Avatar the unbelievably sexy Zoe Saldana played a pretty badass, ball-busting, bazooka toting chick, and then there was Chris Evans who is to me always fun to watch (he made those atrocious Fantastic Four movies somewhat tolerable) who played a geeky guy who is aware yet somehow at the same time completely unaware of his total geekiness and he was just hilarious. Dean Morgan and Idris Elba were the two kinda head guys of the group, the ones who put the plans together, and their buddy on screen chemistry was fantastic. Newcomer Oscar Jaenada (at least I think he's a newcomer, I'd never seen him before) played the really cool guy who said few words but had a strong presence, and last but certainly not least Jason Patric (who was great in this movie) played exactly the type of villain a movie like this needs, a wisecracking know it all with a plan for destruction. So I guess if it isn't obvious by now, I didn't enjoy the movie so much as I did the characters and performances being as they're the only thing I really remember about this movie, I mean The Losers is a decent action flick, but it's really nothing you haven't seen before. Not worth the ticket price, but give it a rental when it comes out on dvd because The Losers is a bad movie that is a whole lot of fun to watch.

3 out of 5

Agree or Disagree? Leave a comment and let me know what you thought about this movie, or if you follow me on twitter or facebook let me know there.

one luv, Toinne

No comments: