Thursday, June 18, 2009

Up


Disney/Pixar recently has come to a point were their films are more than just animated "kiddie" movies, but real stories with a bigger purpose. To put it simply in recent years they make films that are much more than what you would expect from a animated film, and Up is no exception. Up is the story of Carl Fredriksen a 70 year old man who always wanted to explore the world since childhood, but never got the chance decides to finally do it in his late years. I'll get back to that, the circumstances leading up to what we all know is going to happen being the house floating away with like a billion ballons attached to it are actually quite surprising and unexcepted for a film marketed towards kids. I usually tell these kinds of things in my reviews, but it was so unexpected that I dont want to ruin it, which admitedly will make writing this review much harder, but I'll try. Everytime I see a Pixar film I always ask myself "How are they going to top that?" and every year Pixar says "Like this." One thing Up does better than other Pixar movies is comedy. This is the funniest Pixar movie to date, I found myself laughing so hard at times that I couldn't hear what was happening. Don't get me wrong Pixar films have made me laugh, but not like this. Pixar is at the top of their game here Up is hilarious, exciting, touching, heartwarming and heartbreaking, it is a movie that will stay with you after you leave the theater.

4 out of 5

Agree or Disagree? Leave a comment and let me know what you thought about this movie.

Sidenote: I saw this in 3D, but after Coraline it's really hard to be as impressed as I used to be when it comes to 3D movies. The 3D in Up was good, but not Coraline good, so it's not a must see in 3D type of movie. Regular old 2D would be just fine.

one luv, Toinne

No comments: