Saturday, April 3, 2010

Clash of the Titans


Thank God Why Did I Get Married Too was sold out or else you would be reading a review for that film. So after managing to avoid yet another Tyler Perry movie I was able to check out Clash of the Titans. The story is based on Greek mythology, Perseus played by Avatar's Sam Worthington is a demigod, half man-half god, the son of Zeus. After men have declared war on the Gods Hades comes to Zeus and asks him to "let loose" on them. Zeus agrees to Hades inquiry not knowing that it was all part of a plan to dethrone Zeus, Hades was just waiting for the right moment. Down on Earth Perseus has just discovered that he is a demigod and at first doesn't know how to deal with the news. After Hades gives an ultimatum to the people of the city of Argos they turn to Perseus for help, he doesn't hesitate on the offer so that he can have a chance at taking down Hades for killing the man who raised him, the only father he's ever known. It's a familiar story because at some point or another we have all came across Greek mythology in our lives, this is just an updated version with big CG creatures. The script for Clash is very solid I really had no problems with the story at all, my beef lies with the fact that the script was just too big for director Louis Leterrier. Don't get my wrong, I enjoyed the film quite a bit, but it just wasn't as epic as it could have been, and coming from Greek mythology this movie could have been EPIC. I just felt like if this script was in the hands of Steven Spielberg or Peter Jackson this would've been a great movie, but it's just a popcorn flick that could have been so much more. Overall Clash of the Titans is a pretty decent flick and worth the ticket price. I didn't see the 3D version of this film only because I heard the 3D conversion was terrible and takes you out of the movie, but I would recommend Clash if you just want a decent action flick and really nothing more.

3 out of 5

Agree or Disagree? Leave a comment and let me know what you think about this movie, or if you follow me on twitter or facebook let me know there.

one luv, Toinne.

No comments: