Monday, December 1, 2008

Blast from the Past: Radio Flyer


Radio Flyer is one of my favorite movies ever. Until last night its been a long time since I'd last seen it. If you haven't seen it, Radio Flyer is about a mother and her two sons who move to California in the late 60's. When they get there she meets a guy and falls in love they move in together yadda yadda yadda. Once he gets comfortable he unfortunately starts abusing the young brother. You might be asking yourself why a movie about child abuse is one of my favorite movies ever? It's not the child abuse, it's the love that the two brothers have for each other. When the older brother finds out whats going on the younger brother asks him, no he makes him promise not to tell their mother, "Because she's happy now Mike, you gotta promise." The older brother does promise, but he also tries to come up with ways to protect his brother. He eventually comes up with a plan to send his brother away, and there is a scene just before the younger brother is getting ready to leave, they hug say their goodbyes and the younger brother tells the older to take care of mom, *sniff sniff* it gets me every time. This is the only movie ever that actually makes me cry, and I've seen some tearjerkers that just couldn't do it. I just cant help myself, the love the brothers have for each other, and all the emotion in the film leading up to that moment makes me shed a few tears. I'm not going to score Radio Flyer simply because I just wanted to blog about one of my favorite movies, but if you haven't seen it I strongly recommend that you put it on your netflix, or go the your local video store, or even check the bargain bin at best buy, whatever the case may be see this movie. You will not be disappointed, you may even shed a tear or two.

Agree or Disagree? Leave a comment and let me know what you thought about this movie.

one luv, Toinne

No comments: