Monday, December 1, 2008

Rescue Dawn


To be honest Rescue Dawn was a movie that I think I might have accidentally put in my Netflix queue, because when it came in the mail I was really confused and didn't know what it was, but you know me, I'm a movie guy, so I figured what the hell.  Now keep in mind I went into this movie having no idea what it was, and by the end of it I made up my mind to buy this movie and let me tell you why.  Rescue Dawn starring Christian Bale is the true story of a man named Deiter Deitrich who was shot down on a flight mission in 1965 during the Viet Nam war. Shortly after he was captured by Vietcong soldiers and taken to a prison camp.  Once he gets there he meets some other POWs and learns that they have been there for quite some time. After realizing no one is coming for them (which doesn't really take that long) he decides that he is going to run.  He with his follow POWs start to observe the guards and devise a plan. Slowly(but not too slowly) you see their plan come together.  The day comes and it actually works, i thought okay that was entertaining but wasn't astounded, but I thought the movie was about to finish, it wasn't it was just getting started. Once they escape the prison camp, and im really not spoiling anything, because when they are out and are into the thick of the jungle, and when I say jungle…good grief.  This is where the movie gets to a point where it is so good the it almost gets hypnotizing. I never saw a movie where you could tell that what you were seeing was REAL and you never second guess or think "did he really just do that" because it is happening right in front of your eyes. After it was over I went right to the special features just the see what kind of movie tricks they used to make it sooo impressive. Guess what they didn't use any.  Knowing that gave me a serious respect for this movie because these were actors and they REALLY put themselves in situations where….look I don't want to give it away but I loved this movie and I HIGHLY recommend it simply because you will never ever see a more realistic movie in your entire life, actors just don't do those things, you'll see what I mean.

5 out of 5

Agree or Disagree? Leave a comment and let me know what you thought about this movie.

one luv, Toinne

No comments: